Installing PowerCoach on Windows Download the current release of PowerCoach for Windows.
Unzip the downloaded file. You get a folder named "PROGRAM_YYYYMMDD" containing 7 objects. Note: if you have problems to unzip, try StuffIt Expander.
In "Program Files", create a new folder named "PowerCoach".
Move the downloaded "PROGRAM_YYYYMMDD" folder into "PowerCoach" folder.
Within "PowerCoach" folder, create a folder named "DATA".
To launch the program easily from desktop, create a short cut of PowerCoach.exe located in "PROGRAM_YYYYMMDD".
Double click the short cut to start the application:
- When the "Open which data file..." dialog gets displayed, click [New...].
- When the "Create a data file..." dialog gets displayed, navigate to your "DATA" folder, enter a file name and click [Save].
Note: The name extension ".4DD" is mandatory for PowerCoach databases. For example, name your database "PowerCoach.4DD", "John_Power.4DD" or "POWER_COACHING.4DD".
When the PowerCoach start screen gets displayed, click release version to choose your user language (English, French or German).
Click anywhere else on the start screen to resume initialization.
When the LICENSE dialog gets displayed, enter your firstname and name into first field. Optionally, enter the name of your organization into second field.
Click [OK] to display the CODE and LICENSE fields. While PowerCoach is not licensed, this dialog will be displayed at startup:
- If you don't know your license yet, or if you don't want a licensed program, click [CANCEL].
- Once you know your license, enter the license and click [OK].
Congratulations.You are ready to use PowerCoach software !
You might want to start with the following steps:
- Downloading and importing objects from PCO Library...
- Downloading and importing data series...